We’ve released another bug fix version of Pidgin, version 2.14.9. This
release has many random bug fixes so be sure to check out the full ChangeLog
Items to note are that the dictionary downloads in the Windows installer have
finally been fixed, as well as IRC file transfers on Windows.
There is a minor security fix as well that was fixed by removing our support
_xmppconnect DNS TXT record which has been deemed insecure for a very
You can find links to the download from our
- Fix a GLib CRITICAL message with typing time outs. (Review 1123)
- Fix an issue where the unit tests for purple_str_to_time would fail.
(GENTOO-819774) (Review 1238) (Gary
- Fix a typo in the German translations. (PIDGIN-17575)
(Review 1242) (ivanhoe)
- Synced all of the translations with Transifex.
- Fix IRC file transfers on Windows. (PIDGIN-17175)
(Review 1382) (Belgin Știrbu)
- Fix file transfers failing at 99% on IRC. (PIDGIN-15893)
(Review 1385) (Belgin Știrbu)
- Default realname and ident name in IRC to the username (nickname) of the
account. (PIDGIN-17610) (Review 1386) (Belgin Știrbu)
- Add an advanced account option to IRC accounts for explicitly setting the
SASL login name. (PIDGIN-15451) (Review 1388) (Belgin
- Added a rate limiter that should make it impossible to excess flood.
(Review 1391) (Gary Kramlich)
- Fix XMPP attention messages being sent to incorrect JIDs.
(PIDGIN-14714) (Review 1387) (itsnotabigtruck, Belgin