Pidgin and Google Talk problem

Shlomi Fish shlomif at
Sat Oct 12 00:51:37 EDT 2013

Hi Samuel,

On Fri, 11 Oct 2013 17:00:23 -0500
Samuel Carquin <carquinsamuel at> wrote:

> Hi,
> I m recently using Pidgin for my Facebook, Google Talk, XMPP, and Skype
> accounts.
> All was configured fine and I can reach to communicate with the four ones.
> But with skype and Google Talk, I can t configure video and audio
> calling... Why ? I usually can do it with Google+ and Skype (not the
> plugin).
>  I checked the plugin for webcam and microphone configuration (in
> options/plugins) and it doesn t work (by default or changed)
> Neither I can t install the package of gstreamer0.10.....universe, it doesn
> t exist...

Where are you running Pidgin? Which OS, distribution, version of distribution,
version of Pidgin, etc. Is there anything in the logs?

	Shlomi Fish

Shlomi Fish
Original Riddles -

There is no IGLU Cabal. The problem of founding an IGLU Cabal has been proven,
in a surprise move, to be equivalent to the question of the existence of God,
fully‐tolerant religions and NP‐complete oracles.   — Omer Zak

Please reply to list if it's a mailing list post - .