Pidgin Requirements

Ceravolo, Salvatore sceravol at
Mon Feb 25 13:58:41 EST 2013

My name is Sal Ceravolo and I am the Government Systems Engineer with REDCOM Labs in Victor NY. We are looking into the Pidgin client as a possible XMPP client  and would like to know if it meets the following specifications:

RFC 6120: XMPP Core

RFC 6121: XMPP  Instant Messaging and Presence

RFC 6122:XMPP  Address Format

RFC 2782: A DNS RR for specifying the location of services

RFC-4422: Appendix A SASL External Mechanism*

RFC 4616: The PLAIN Simple Authentication and Security Layer (SASL) Mechanism

XEP-0004: Data Forms

XEP-0030: Service Discovery

XEP-0045: Multi-User Chat

XEP-0068: Field Standardization for Data Forms

XEP-0077: In-Band Registration

XEP-0082: XMPP Date and Time Profiles

XEP-0085: Chat State Notifications

Sal Ceravolo