Closing buddy list shuts down program ... ?

paulb104 at paulb104 at
Thu Dec 19 22:17:37 EST 2013

I've been using Pidgin since late 2009, version 2.6.4.

I'm now using Windows 8 and version 2.10.7.

As of last week, or so, whenever I would close the buddy window it would remain in the tray and any conversation window(s) open would remain open.

Now, all of a sudden and without me futzing with settings or anything, whenever I close the buddy list window the entire program shuts down to the level that it's not even in Windows Task Manager.

I'm not seeing any settings regarding this, and I haven't seen a reference to one in the faq or any other support page....

Have I done something and not realize it?

Thanks for the help in fixing this!