Plans for 3.0.0
rekkanoryo at rekkanoryo.org
Tue Mar 15 19:26:55 EDT 2011
On 03/14/2011 12:21 AM, John Bailey wrote:
> I want to start an im.pidgin.pidgin.next.major branch soon (sometime in the next
> 7 days). In this branch we'll first kill off all deprecated API in what is now
> our current codebase. Once that is complete, we need to get the keyring and
> logging SoC stuff merged in. During this time, we should not at all be afraid
> to change UI concepts or terminologies (such as s/PurpleContact/PurplePerson/
> and s/PurpleBuddy/PurpleContact/ as has been bandied about a few times).
> A would-be-nice item is the webkit stuff. I'm not sure if this is realistic to
> fit in the timeframe, but if we can squeeze it in, I'm all for it.
I have created im.pidgin.pidgin.next.major in monotone. Let the mergefest begin!
From the above and Sadrul's e-mail, here's a quick punchlist of the huge tasks:
* Kill deprecated API.
* Merge im.pidgin.soc.2008.masterpassword
* Merge im.pidgin.soc.2007.remotelogging
* Merge im.pidgin.cpw.nader.asynclogging-3 if it's acceptable
* Change PurpleContact to PurplePerson
* Change PurpleBuddy to PurpleContact (existing PurpleContact has to be
* Finish struct hiding
* Kill off server.[ch]. We've been wanting them dead for years.
* Ideally merge im.pidgin.soc.2009.webkitmessageview
Note that each one of those items will leave a mess to clean up after.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 836 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
More information about the Devel