rekkanoryo at rekkanoryo.org
Wed Apr 28 11:52:16 EDT 2010
On 04/16/2010 05:31 PM, Jorge Villaseñor wrote:
> I guess we all agreed on merge window and a stable releases. Now we
> need to find a way (maybe a different one than the one I proposed) to
> get this process working.
After additional discussion in the XMPP MUC, the consensus we reached, as I
understood it, was:
* Merge windows are a good idea, but we didn't implement them for 2.7.0.
* Many of us are *not* willing to give up feature additions in micro releases.
* Some sort of sane release schedule (with coordination) would be beneficial.
* Most of us see no tangible benefit but a *lot* of drawbacks to the idea of
keeping a "next release" branch and a "big changes" type branch.
* We could use someone to serve as a "project manager" of sorts to coordinate
releases and whatnot. As I've mentioned before, this is a role I've
reluctantly and not entirely intentionally taken on as I felt it was needed.
If wanted, I can try to take this role on in a more permanent fashion.
Did I miss anything?
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 836 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
More information about the Devel