GSoC 2009 Idea
srey.gandhi at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 23:37:36 EDT 2009
My idea is basically letting users to make their conversation more
interactive with Images and screenshot. AFAIK (to my knowledge), there is no
chat client that will let you embed a picture along with the chat
Following features can be provided:
- Letting users embed picture in chat box (drag-drop a pic in box. A pop up
will open to send, use as buddy icon(already exists) and EMBED PICTURE IN
- Take a SnapShot of picture and paste it in chat box (provide a Image
capturing icon, clicking on that will let user embed picture)
- Play around with image say using marker to show what exactly you wanted
to. (a colored pencil for marking would definitely help).
- Makes pidgin useable for people who want to collabarate and work along
with chat. Say send a screenshot of a Directory in Shared folder and
indicate other user can dload this file. etc.
- With this feature we can mimic 'Sharing Photos' feature of Yahoo!
- Take Screenshot of charts/graphs and show other users (Conference).
Something like virtual meeting.
- Boost Pidgin users. People ll migrate who are in need of this feature :)
Please let me know how the idea is. Any suggestions?
On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 8:22 AM, Ka-Hing Cheung <khc at hxbc.us> wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-03-19 at 14:23 +0530, Sreyansh Gandhi wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I am interested in applying for GSoC 2009. I have my own idea. so can
> > we discuss it on the dev list or I shall put it up directly in
> > application?
> It's up to you.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Devel