lschiere at pidgin.im
Sun Nov 11 08:40:48 EST 2007
On Sun, Nov 11, 2007 at 02:27:37AM -0500, John Bailey wrote:
> Hi all,
> In the last couple days we've had some talk in #pidgin of trying to make a
> release. In support of Luke's desire to have a 2.2.3, I went through and
> plucked a bunch of revisions from our im.pidgin.pidgin branch to the
> im.pidgin.pidgin.2.2.3 branch in Monotone.
> Stu today mentioned a desire to release from im.pidgin.pidgin after adding MSNP9
> back to that branch and making it the default MSN plugin. I personally agree
> with this.
> So, I have two questions:
> 1. Do we release this coming Thursday?
> 2. If so, which should we release, 2.2.3 or 2.3.0 (im.pidgin.pidgin now
> contains new API, thus requiring 2.3.0)?
While I'd like to release 2.3.0 as much as the next person, I do not
think we want to support msn protocol version 14 yet, and even as a
configure option, we WILL end up supporting it if we release it. I do
not think any of us really want to do that.
> If we're going to release Thursday (no matter which branch we release from), we
> need a string freeze _today_ to keep to our usual schedule. I will also have to
> explain to the translators how to pull monotone and get the branch to translate
> for 2.2.3, as I'm reasonably sure that there is a significant divergence between
> h:im.pidgin.pidgin and h:im.pidgin.pidgin.2.2.3 with respect to strings,
> particularly in the MSN plugin.
> Ideally, we'd also have an updated logo from Hylke. The "Just get along!" one,
> while cute, is starting to get on my nerves.
> So, essentially we need to decide pretty quickly about a release.
> Devel mailing list
> Devel at pidgin.im
More information about the Devel