The ability to have tabbed conversations has stopped working.

Rick Powell rick at
Thu Mar 28 13:08:19 EDT 2013

Hello -

After years of working perfectly, all of a sudden the ability to have
tabbed conversations has stopped working for me. If I double-click buddies
to chat with, they all open in separate windows. Here is what I've tried so

1)  Uninstalled and reinstalled the latest version (2.10.7).
2)  Verified the options under "Tabs" is enabled in Preferences.
3)  Verified I'm running the "stock" Plugins. No additional Plugins added.

Is there a registry entry that pays attentions to the "Tabs" setting in
Preferences? Perhaps it's not being toggled properly?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rick Powell