Invisible status bug

David Woolley forums at
Fri Mar 1 19:46:38 EST 2013

Akira Tanaka wrote:
> Hi. I use Pidgin Version Pidgin 2.10.6 for Windows 7 64 bit and I want
> to report a bug with the invisible status. When I use the Invisible

This is not the bug reporting system.  Instructions for that can be
found at

> status in Pidgin, I get to send messages without any problems (aside
> from switchboard errors and other similar bugs.) But when I log into
> Skype with the status set to invisible, I log out of that and go back

However, Pidgin does not officially support Skype and is unlikely ever
to do so.  I am not sure of the legality of any third party plug-in, but
if you are having problems with one, you need to take it up with its

> into Pidgin. This is where the problem starts. Regardless of what my
> status is in Pidgin, attempting to send text will result in an error
> message saying you cannot send messages while in invisible mode. The
> program will keep giving you the same error message until you restart.

I'm assuming that you are only using Skype services.  If you are using a
mix of services, the identity of the other service is also important.