Removing all services but XMPP from pidgin

Shlomi Fish shlomif at
Fri Jun 14 14:04:30 EDT 2013

Hi Josh,

On Fri, 14 Jun 2013 10:43:46 -0400
Josh Araya <jaraya at> wrote:

> Hello,
> Is it possible to remove access to all IM services (AIM, MSN, etc) from
> Pidgin, with the exception of XMPP? If so, would someone please point me to
> directions on how to do so?

This method is not reliable, because people can install a modified Pidgin with
these protocols added like in , and avoid these
artificial restrictions. A better measurement would be to block the ports
and/or IPs of these services using your corporate firewall.

	Shlomi Fish

> Thanks!

Shlomi Fish
UNIX Fortune Cookies -

Only dead fish go with the flow.
    — via Nadav Har’El

Please reply to list if it's a mailing list post - .