Daniel Atallah datallah at
Tue Aug 27 17:25:56 EDT 2013

On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 1:57 PM, Alvise Migotto <amigotto at>wrote:

> Hello,
> I'm having trouble setting up Pidgin on Windows 7 using Bonjour. We have a
> mixed Mac/Windows environment - which is why we're trying to use Bonjour.
> However, Pidgin users on Windows can only communicate with each other, and
> not with Macs (using iChat / Messages under Bonjour). Mac users can also
> communicate with each other fine. All machines are on the same network.
> Any ideas to get this working cross platform? Is this possible?

What is the specific problem?

Do the Mac users not appear online on the Windows machines and vice versa,
or is it that they appear online but you can't initiate a conversation?

If they are actually on the same subnet (note that this part is important -
"network" may mean something different depending on how you use the word),
and there are no firewalls interfering, it should just work - there isn't
anything platform-specific going on.