Automated Message as soon as anyone joins a chatroom

Shlomi Fish shlomif at
Wed Sep 5 10:14:06 EDT 2012

Hi Ajay,

On Wed, 5 Sep 2012 19:25:56 +0530
Ajay Singh <ajay.scorpio at> wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
> May i please seek your help on this. I am using latest pidgin version.
> We use chatrooms within our organization. Our requirement is that as
> soon as anyone joins a chatroom, they should get an automated message
> that we draft.

I don't know which protocol you are using, but you can normally solve this problem
by writing a robot ("bot"), which will monitor the chatrooms for events.

See for example:

(This is for Perl, there are probably similar resources for other languages).

	Shlomi Fish

Shlomi Fish
"The Human Hacking Field Guide" -

XSLT is the worst thing since non‐sliced bread.

Please reply to list if it's a mailing list post - .