Problem with the IM

Etan Reisner deryni at
Thu Sep 20 12:23:57 EDT 2012

On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 08:32:14PM -0700, Jason Baron wrote:
> I thought I had installed pidgin IM properly, but my buddy list won't work. It says "DrJason disabled.  Account locked: too many failed login attempts.  Logging into the Yahoo! wesite may fix this."
> Logging into the yahoo website didn't fix the problem. I'm stumped and need assistance.

I don't know what sort of problem this might be (other than what they
claim it is) but it might just be a temporary server issue. If it doesn't
resolve itself you can get the output from the Help->Debug Window from
when you try to connect and send that to the list and it might contain
something useful in it (though I don't know that it will and you will want
to look it over to make sure it doesn't contain anything you don't want
being made public).

> In addition, under Accounts Enable/Username/Protocol, I attempt to click on the websites I want to enable, but it only allows me to select one. Can't I get all three, in case, if different Buddies, IM me from different accounts? I need help.

If you mean you can't add three different accounts all at once then no,
you can't. But you can add three different accounts to pidgin

> Is there a phone number I can call for someone to walk me through?

No. This mailing list and an IRC and XMPP chatroom are the only official
support venues.