pidgin help

Tres Finocchiaro tres.finocchiaro at
Tue Oct 23 17:09:03 EDT 2012

I would suggest locking your workstation whenever you are not at it.

Alternatively, if this is a shared workstation, I would suggest you log out
of the workstation when you are not using it.  This is minimum security
controls for most organizations.

Last, if your workstation is shared and you have no choice but to share it
with Pidgin installed, uncheck the "store password" option in you account
preferences so that you can exit Pidgin when you are not using it.

On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 4:44 PM, Carol Mendoza <sesiservice at>wrote:

>  How can I password protect my pidgin  mod so when someone else sits at my
> desk they can't IM as me an start trouble?
> Thanks for any help you can provide.
> --
> Carol Mendoza
> Stewart Engineering Supply, Inc.