How to really delete buddies and groups?

Matthew Jones matshakesjones at
Wed Oct 17 21:58:29 EDT 2012

hey, Ive got a question linked to this. I removed someone from my chat list
the other day by mistake - I was playing around with my contacts because I
wanted to clear a few names.

When I went to my gmail I noticed that the person's picture as well as
appearance in chat had gone. I went to the contact information and noticed
that it said "invite to chat". Am a little confused about whats happened.
If I re-add them to pidgin will they be notified? Essentially it is a
friend I fell out with recently and Im trying to give them space but am
concerned Ive contacted them against their wishes.