Problems with Pidgin Portable

Ethan Blanton elb at
Mon Oct 22 10:25:15 EDT 2012

Anna Fedorova spake unto us the following wisdom:
> Could you please specify, whether you have an oficially supported
> portable version of Pidgin? If you do, could you please send me one or
> give me a link for the latest version? I really like this program and
> not ready to give it up like this.

We do not.  The only officially supported versions of Pidgin are those
linked from  Any other versions (including
the Pidgin, which is what I believe you are
referencing) are third-party packaging.

That said, I believe Portable Apps actually packages a more or less
stock Pidgin instance.  What version are you using, and on what
protocol are you seeing lost messages?