Pidgin Proxy servers

Leon Goldstein lgoldstein at
Wed Nov 28 14:51:41 EST 2012

Compliance=  we us a third party service to capture all instant messages and it works by assigning a proxy.

Leon Goldstein

[cid:image001.gif at 01CC9361.1135C8B0]

New York Office
One Penn Plaza
36th Floor
New York, NY  10119
NY:  212.457.5000

Operations Center
9 North Main Street
Suite 3
Marlboro, NJ 07746
NJ:   732.972.3396

Customer Service
866.586.TECH (8324)

lgoldstein at<x-msg://62/><>

On Nov 28, 2012, at 2:15 PM, David Woolley <forums at<mailto:forums at>> wrote:

Leon Goldstein wrote:
We are adding compliance of IM for our clients and our compliance
company is stating that pidgin does not work well with proxy servers.

I didn't understand "compliance" on the first reading.  The question was
compliance with what?  I presume you mean some financial trading rules
that require all communications to be logged, and not the payment card
industry rules that require some things should never be logged!

I wonder if the issue with Pidgin is that, being a multi-protocol
client, some of the protocols won't be known to the man in the middle
software, and the security architecture of some of them may be badly
compromised even though the user is aware of the man in the middle, e.g.
login credentials may be compromised.