google talk state error

Ethan Blanton elb at
Mon Nov 19 17:50:55 EST 2012

Róbert Molnár spake unto us the following wisdom:
> I found small bug in Pidgin (windows version 2.10.6)
> Account : google talk (show XMPP icon)
> If I set my state invisible in Pidgin, this is not working, I see this
> on gmail website.
> Available, busy, do not disturb is working.

This is not a bug.  XMPP has no effective standard invisible status.
The only reason you see invisible as an option is that you are *also*
signed on to some protocol that does.  When you change to invisible,
that protocol will become invisible while XMPP remains unchanged.