Google Talk account switches to XMPP and cannot login

Dean Wade dwade at
Fri Nov 16 15:54:04 EST 2012

Hi Support,

I am running *Pidgin 2.10.6* (libpurple 2.10.6) and am unable to connect my
gmail Google Talk account. I have verified my settings and the Protocol is
set to ‘Google Talk’ but on Save the protocol switches to XMPP and login
fails. I had this issue right after installation and Pidgin successfully
connected to this account for a while, but now the issue is occurring again.

If you can send me any technote or URL to a solution I would really
appreciate it,

Many thanks