Accounts>Manage Accounts>Modify> "Modify Account"

Nielle Truter nielle.truter at
Tue Nov 27 03:19:22 EST 2012

How does one remove/uninstall Pidgin?

-----Original Message-----
From: support-bounces at [mailto:support-bounces at] On Behalf Of Daniel Atallah
Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2012 2:07 AM
To: lowwater at
Cc: support at
Subject: Re: Accounts>Manage Accounts>Modify> "Modify Account"

On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 6:49 PM,  <lowwater at> wrote:
> Dear pidgin support,
> I just installed pidgin over Firefox 10.0.10 on a Windows 7 desktop.
> Now I’m lost regarding the three tabs in Modify Account.  Under "Basic" tab:
>         Domain:
>         Resource:  <blank>
>         Local Alias:  <blank>
> Under tabs, “Advanced” and “Proxy” I made no modifications.
> I have no other IM software using the XMPP Protocol.  I receive the message:
> LowWater at disabled
> Not Authorized

What this is saying is that your username/password is incorrect on the server you're trying to connect to.

Since doesn't operate a public XMPP server, I suspect that is the primary problem - you need to specify the appropriate domain for the account that you want to connect to.

Support at mailing list
Want to unsubscribe?  Use this link: