Custom Smileys

Carolyn Smith carsmith at
Sat Nov 10 21:58:20 EST 2012

I use pidgin at work to communicate with people on my team.  I have wanted to add some fun custom smileys for people to see while we work. I downloaded various types and nothing seems to work.

I think they have to be .png so I made sure I downloaded that type. I can add them using manage custom smileys and when I use them, I can see them...but the people I send the pidgin to, just see a blank line.

Pidgin 2.10.6 (libpurple 2.10.6)  is the version I am using. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Carolyn Smith