Unable to connect gchat to Pidget at work
daniel.stokes at gmail.com
Tue May 8 12:54:08 EDT 2012
Hey guys, I am having difficulties connecting Pidgin to my gchat account. I
have tried (what I think is) all possible combinations for the settings in
the advanced tab. Most things I have read online lead me to believe that
this is the most common settings to choose:
- Protocol: XMPP
- Username: (First part of my email up to the @)
- Domain: gmail.com
- Resource: Home
- Password *********
- Connection Security: Use old-style SSL
- Connect Port: 443 (tried 5222 as well)
- Connect Server: talk.google.com
- File Transfers Proxy: (Left as is) proxy.eu.jabber.org
No matter which combination I try, I am unable to connect and I get a error
"daniel.stokes at gmail.com/Home disconnected - Not Authorized"
I have checked and double checked my password many times and I still get
the same message. Please help!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Support