problem while installing manual installation of Spell check

subhani shaik subhani466 at
Sun Mar 4 14:31:19 EST 2012

Hi ,

I tried to install spell check manually with FAQ info but with no luck.
Is there a way to install Spell-checking support

Yes, if the installer isn't able to successfully download and install the
dictionaries, you can do so manually.

Versions 2.7.0 and newer use the dictionaries available from the openoffice
extension download
You need to download the appropriate language extension file(s) (files are
openoffice extensions *.oxt, which are just zip files that contain
additional data). Once you have downloaded a dictionary extension file, you
can rename it so it has a .zip extension and then extract the *.dic and
*.aff files in it to <Pidgin Installation
Directory>\spellcheck\share\enchant\myspell\ (create the directories if
they don't exist already).
If Pidgin is running, it will need to be restarted for new dictionaries to
be recognized.

Versions older than 2.7.0 use Aspell; you can download both the Aspell core
and a dictionary from the win32 Aspell website <>.

I downloaded EN_US plugin and tried to install but it's showing this error

[image: Inline image 1]

i hit "OK". and how to rename this downloaded plugin into *.zip .

Could you please help me out from this problem and let me know where i went

Thanks & Regards,