skype and gamespy arcade IM networks

Zeb Cameron judgeice at
Mon Jun 25 14:53:46 EDT 2012

Yeah was not sure if it would be a good plan to try to dev it into the more
universal pidgin app but just an FYI. I just guess the sales alias works on
most webservers. That is cool XMPP is out there for manipulation of source
code j/k

On Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 11:43 PM, David Woolley
<forums at>wrote:

> Zeb Cameron wrote:
>> Why not just add skype and gamespy arcade IM networks?
> The Paypal payment link and blunderbuss addressing to functional addresses
> makes me wonder if this is genuine.  The presence of sales@ indicates a
> total failure to understand the nature of Pidgin.  However, as a serious
> reply:
> Pidgin contains code for protocols not services.  Facebook and Google are
> special purpose aliases to the underlying XMPP protocol, because of their
> extreme popularity and lack of user understanding of the nature of the
> underlying protocol.  Many other protocols are unique to one service.
> If gamespy uses a standard protocol, in particular XMPP, then nothing
> needs to be done to Pidgin.  Either you or gamespy need to publish the
> configuration parameters.
> If they use a proprietary protocol, you will need to provide a pointer to
> where technical details of the protocol can be found in the public domain
> (from a confidentiality point of view).  You will then need to convince an
> existing or new developer, that it is a good use of their skills and time
> to write the code to work with that protocol.  As a minor player, if they
> are not using XMPP, they probably don't want third party clients, like
> Pidgin, to be used.
> If you don't know what the protocol is, you can't really expect existing
> developers to know.
> --
> David Woolley
> Emails are not formal business letters, whatever businesses may want.
> RFC1855 says there should be an address here, but, in a world of spam,
> that is no longer good advice, as archive address hiding may not work.

Please try osticket the #1 Free web comment box and ticket system.
If you want to donate you may from this link also
Zeb N. Cameron