Chat Window Pop-Up (Daniel Atallah)

Daniel Atallah datallah at
Sat Feb 18 11:24:43 EST 2012

On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 12:27, Dalal, Heather <dalal at> wrote:
> Thank you for bringing up this issue:
> I have had this same problem. We tried the message notification plug-in a few months ago.  It does not work when we have a Chat from Google Chat back.
> I was just wondering if any one had another solution.  We are also absorbed with other projects but we could like to be interrupted to reach our users.
> Here is my original post:

The issue here is that the popup you're describing isn't a message, it
is a request to join a multi-user chat.
The message notification plugin has no effect because it isn't
intended to handle such events.
The popup *shouldn't* appear on the background; it's odd that it does.

One way to handle this situation would be to use a plugin that
automatically Accepts such chat requests.
There aren't any such plugins that are distributed with pidgin, but on
the Third Party plugins wiki page
(, the "Advanced
Auto Auth" plugin seems to be intended to do that.  I haven't ever
used it or looked at more than the description on that page.