Using Pidgin with TOR

Isaac Witmer isaaclw at
Wed Feb 8 09:31:11 EST 2012

Regarding the second issue, XMPP is a protocol:
This may also be useful:

The point is, if you're communicating to your friends OVER XMPP, then
disabling XMPP will disable communication.

Perhaps you're talking about:
This feature is prevalant in Empathy IM:

But as I know, pidgin doesn't handle this out of the box.