Help setting up gtalk

Isaac Witmer isaaclw at
Wed Feb 1 11:25:00 EST 2012

I have two separate configurations on my advanced tab that both seem to work:

Google Apps:
Security: Old style ssl
port: 5223
file transfer:

Regular gmail:
Security: Require encryption
port: 5222
server: (blank)
file transfer:

Try a combination of all of these.
Perhaps the specific error message would be helpful also.