FW: spell checker

Daniel Atallah datallah at pidgin.im
Sun Dec 16 19:30:14 EST 2012

On Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 5:32 PM, Kemp Kernstine
<kkernstine at virtufinancial.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am running pidgin 2.9 on windows 7. I would like to have spell check,
> but it does not seem to work.  I have already checked “highlight misspelled
> words” in preferences, but it doesn’t do anything. How do I enable spell
> check? Is there a step-by-step process somewhere? Thank you for your help,

You also need to install a dictionary.

The installer has the capability to do this for you if you choose the
appropriate component during the installation process.

You can re-run the installer to upgrade pidgin (which you should do
since you're running an older version), and at the same time install
one or more dictionaries.