Pidgin status glitch

Akira Tanaka artfoundry87 at
Thu Aug 23 00:16:26 EDT 2012

I use the 2.10.0 version of Pidgin and there's a certain problem involving one of my regular contacts. They use MSN and I use Pidgin. Sometimes, they appear to be online but upon sending them a message, Pidgin returns an error saying the message couldn't be sent because the user is offline. They appear to be online but the software sometimes fails to tell me that. I think it's frustrating that they are "online" but Pidgin decides to flip me the bird (see what I did there?) and tell me otherwise. If there's any explanation to that problem, please let me know.