Windows 7 or firewall troubleshooting help

Lynn McLeod lynn.mcleod at
Sat Apr 14 13:56:08 EDT 2012

Hi - we are setting up pidgin with google talk on our laptops - windows XP,
7, and macs. some work fine, some do not - the error is "unauthorized".
we're narrowing it down and believe the problem is either a windows 7
security setting or maybe the virus programs with fire walls that some
people have installed. everyone has a slightly different configuration on
their laptops. we've searched the help docs but haven't found this specific

can anyone point me to troubleshooting tips about this problem?

Tnx, Lynn