search - offline friend

efcia87 efcia87 at
Wed Sep 7 04:25:38 EDT 2011

I have a stupid question, but it is very important for me.
On my contact list i have a view of only online friends, because my
friendlist is quite long. However, some of them use the 'invincible' status,
or sometimes i want to write to somebody who is offline. And here comes the
problem - when im starting to write the name of a friend that is offline,
Pidgin doesnt show it. I have to switch between views (from 'only online' to
'show online and offline'), then find a friend and start the conversation,
then again switch the view.
Is there any possibility, to make finding offline friends in 'only online
view' more simple?