David Woolley forums at
Sat Mar 26 15:06:23 EDT 2011

Jaclyn Budd wrote:
> After I downloaded Pidgin on my new computer, it says- " you require
> encryption, but it is not available on this server"
> I am trying to use Pidgin for FB chat. Please tell me how I can fix it!

Assuming FB means Facebook, and you are using a current version of
Pidgin: if you are using the XMPP method, make sure you have complied
with step 3 in
i.e. Uncheck the box labeled "Require SSL / TLS"

If you are using the third party Facebook plugin, seek help from its
authors, or delete it and follow the procedure in the above URL.