issues: facebook plugin

Jeffrey Steben zero3187 at
Sun Mar 6 14:37:35 EST 2011

Dear Pidgin Support,

I'm not sure if you know how to solve my problem because it's with a third
party plugin but I figured I would email you guys and ask anyways. I have
been using the facebook plugin for the linux version of pidgin for a while
and I love that pidgin can do everything that AIM did on my windows machine
but better. My only issue is now when I use pidgin and try to instant
message a facebook friend it comes up with an error within the chat window
that says, "you are not permitted to do that" and will not let me message

I was just wondering if you would happen to know a solution to my issue. If
not could you possibly steer me in the direction of where I could find a

I really appreciate the help and hope to hear back soon

Thank you,