Facebook + Google talk protocols for Pidgin

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Sun Mar 20 16:54:52 EDT 2011

Eran Rot wrote:

> in the version before 2.7.11, you had support in Facebook chat protocol
> + Google talk protocol.
> you removed it from this last version (2.7.11). can you put it back ?
>  it was very useful, and without it, i don't really need Pidgin.

The official Pidgin code has only ever supported these services via XMPP
and I'm sure XMPP would never be withdrawn.  I would also have expected
people to scream before now if XMPP support for these services had been
broken.  Are you sure you weren't using third party plugin?

I suppose the Google and Facebook aliases for XMPP might have been
removed, as they did cause confusion, in which case you will need to
specify XMPP specifically.