Issue : You are not permitted to do that.

David Woolley forums at
Wed Mar 2 18:56:24 EST 2011

Pierre F. wrote:
> Using Pidgin last version (2.7.10 + Facebook 1.69) on Win7-FR, I have
> since a few time an error "*You are not permitted to do that.*" when i
> write message into Pidgin.

It appears that you are using a third party plugin.  That plugin is not
part of the core Pidgin, and is not supported here.  Seek support from
its developers (try <>), or
use XMPP.

The obvious answer to your question is to not do the unspecified thing
that was not permitted.