Pidgin, the n900, otr and the invalid length error

Templeton Peck abendselmex at
Tue Mar 1 12:31:23 EST 2011

I know, this is not (really) the right place to ask for it. But on the
other hand I cannot think of another to get help from. Recently I
recommended the Nokia n900 to a friend, so he can communicate with me.
Yesterday I got a little bit embarrassed when I tried to get the otr
plugin working and did not succeed. We came across this workaround (> )
but the problem persists. As soon as we're trying to start an otr
session, the error message "..invalid length.." is shown inside Pidgin's
conversation window on the n900.

I know, that some of you got Pidgin + otr working on their n900, so
please help :)