Yet another gtalk "not authorized"

Paul Aurich darkrain42 at
Thu Sep 23 22:53:48 EDT 2010

On 2010-09-23 09:31, B Wooster wrote:
> Well, this looks a bug - is there a workaround, the older Pidgin worked fine.
> According to
> when connecting to must do this:
> set client-uses-full-bind-result attribute to "true."
> But clearly it is not doing that as shown in the log below:

The workaround is to look at the working version (2.6.6) at the session
bind exchange and look at what Google says your *actual* JID is (hint:
it's going to be something and use that as the account name,

Anyway, I've already reverted the mentioned change here (I was unaware
Google leveraged that extension for the horrifically crazy
thing); it will "work" the same way again in release+1.