Interaction between Pidgin and Office Communicator

Marc Podgorney Marc.Podgorney at
Thu Oct 28 10:58:34 EDT 2010

I hope you can help me!

I am trying to have conversations with a buddy (my brother!) who uses
Office Communicator. At first, Pidgin would not even recognize him as
being on-line, even though he was! So, I downloaded and installed the
Pidgin-sipe plugin for Communicator, which I hoped would help. It seemed
to rectify the issue of only seeing as offline, however I now get the
following error message quite often during a conversation:

Message could not be sent because a connection error occurred:

I get this message each time I send a message, until my brother replies,
at which point the conversation resumes normally.

Do you have any idea what's going on here?

Many thanks

Marc Podgorney

Marc Podgorney
Website Developer

+44 (0) 207 339 8623

+44 (0) 776 494 0170

+44 (0) 207 339 8601

marc.podgorney at <mailto:marc.podgorney at> <>

Registered company details:
Fifth Floor, 76 Hammersmith Road, London, W14 8UD
Company registration number: 6035710
VAT Number: 894 1866 73