Can't send chat messages using pidgin-send, pidgin-remote

Steve Webb bigwebb at
Wed Oct 6 13:28:10 EDT 2010

Hey there.  I'd like to use pidgin-send or pidgin-remote to send a message
via command-line to a chat room, not an IM contact.

Using pidgin-remote, I can create a chat room.  I can also send an IM to an
IM contact, but I can't send a chat message to a chat room.  Can someone
modify pidgin-remote to send a message to a chat room for me or let me know
the correct string to use to get the job done?  I'm not great with python.

Thanks in advance.

- Steve

Sent from Steve Webb's gmail account.