Transfer account settings

Michael Secord gizmokid2005 at
Wed Oct 27 15:31:06 EDT 2010

Your buddies are stored server side, at least in most (if not all)
protocols. I won't guarantee it, but I believe it is this way.

If you just install Pidgin and setup your accounts in it on the new PC
everything should work just fine. You'll have to readd/reenable plugins
and redo your preferences on the new machine though.

You can use the info in this link to copy your entire .purple directory
over to the new machine. This will include your preferences, any logs
you may have, as well as your account and buddy list information.

On 10/27/2010 2:40 PM Charles Green <cgreen at> said unto
support at