Struggling with compilation of pidgin for windows

April Kontostathis akontostathis at
Thu Oct 21 19:54:00 EDT 2010

Well, as the saying goes, if I didn't have bad luck, I'd have no luck at

The link (below) was still not quite enough.  I deleted the whole mingw
directory and redownloaded and installed from the website.  Victory! (I

Everything seemed to compile and I have a pidgin.exe in

The compile process did produce one error:

cp ./../win32-dev/pidgin-inst-deps-20100315/exchndl.dll ./win32-install-dir
cp: cannot stat `./../win32-dev/pidgin-inst-deps-20100315/exchndl.dll':
No such file or directory
make: *** [install] Error 1

Is this anything I need to worry about?  I don't have a
/win32-dev/pidgin-inst-deps-20100315/ directory at all.

Thanks very much for all your help and for your quick response to my