Pidgin 2.7.7 - ICQ SSL connection still fails

serz at serz at
Wed Nov 24 07:59:41 EST 2010

Hi all,

the problem with ICQ SSL connection was not fully solved. Today
morning I've made on my WXP(SP3) a completely new installation of
Pidgin 2.7.7 (=everything what I've found from older istalls, was
deleted before installation), but problem with ICQ persists, e.g.
Jabber works fine.
I'm sitting behind proxy/firewall so unsecured access is not
solution for me.
It's strange, that at home (on my desktop & 2 laptops) with the same
settings ( connection if
available/clientLogin) is Pidgin working without any troubles.
Enclosed You'll find a debug log. I hope that it could help to find
the solution.

BTW Paralel connection with an ancient Miranda 0.6.8 is successfull.

Marek M.