file download issues

V S Rawat vsrawat at
Fri Nov 5 14:02:11 EDT 2010

I downloaded latest version, and found that it was downloading 10+ MB which took a long time.

However, I could not find where it stored the downloaded file so that
I save that safely so that I don't need to re-download it if I format
my pc. Where does it save it?

It is suggested to ask for location to save the downloaded file and
store it there and run from there. Or, providing a link from where
user can download and install so that we can save it at some
known place.

My previous version of pidgin installer was already having gtk in the
zip file. If I install that, would the new pidgin run on that instead
of downloading afresh?