Windows multiple users

Daniel Atallah datallah at
Tue Mar 30 11:07:32 EDT 2010

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 10:51, Mike Thompson <zryder94 at> wrote:
> hello everyone
> this may seem somewhat trivial, but I am having a hard time finding an
> option I am looking for.
> My wife and I share the same laptop, running Win7. We have 2 separate user
> logins. however, when I start pidgin from my login, it always shows her user
> names. How can I configure Pidgin to load different accounts for each user?
> Thanks.

What you're describing is not the default behavior.

Normally your accounts are specific to the OS user.  This can be
overridden using the "PURPLEHOME" environment variable

It sounds like you have "PURPLEHOME" set to the same value for both
users (probably be cause it is set as a System Environment variable).
Changing this should restore the default behavior (which is apparently
what you want).