how to sign in automatically w/ computer start up?

Brian Morrison bdm at
Tue Mar 23 14:00:06 EDT 2010

On Tue, 23 Mar 2010 17:55:57 +0000
Brian Morrison <bdm at> wrote:

> > Is there a way to set a preference on pidgin so that it signs in
> > automatically when I turn my computer on?
> Yes, search for the Extended Preferences plugin, it provides an extra
> prefs tab with a setting for that.

Actually I was incorrect about that, what you really need to do is the

Go to the Tools menu, click on Plugins. Scroll down to "Windows Pidgin
Options", select it, and click "Configure Plugin". The startup option is
in that window.

Brian Morrison

                                                          Oscar Wilde