gradient fonts

Programmer In Training pit at
Tue Mar 16 23:37:31 EDT 2010

On 03/16/10 22:27, Daniel Atallah wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 04:57, Saira Shabbir <saira.shabbir at> wrote:
>> Please guide me as to how can I get a gradient font in pidgin (the latest
>> version of pidgin). Gradient fonts as in the way we can make a combination
>> of colors like in yahoo.
> It isn't really a "font" that makes the "rainbows" as much as
> something that inserts formatting into your message.
> A plugin could be written to do this, but I'm not aware of any existing plugins.
> Perhaps you can think of the absence of the ability to do this as a
> plus because nobody really wants to see a rainbow of incoming colors
> :)
> -D

No kidding. I strip /all/ incoming formatting and apply no formatting
aside from the defaults on out-going. I find it annoying (and I would be
more then likely to block someone who messaged me in a rainbow of
colors) and I imagine others do as well. But, to each their own.
Yours In Christ,

Original content copyright under the OWL
Please do not CC me. If I'm posting to a list it is because I am subscribed.