Unable to add the buddy 1 for an unknown reason.

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Wed Mar 10 18:46:50 EST 2010

Anyone have ideas about this?  It's very annoying as I have to kill pidgin
and restart when this happens.

I did note: http://developer.pidgin.im/ticket/3697

So, I set the privacy for AIM to only accept connections from buddies on my
list.  Not sure if it's just AIM I need to set for or other protocols.
Not clear if that's the recommended fix, or not.

On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 1:40 PM, Bill Moseley <moseley at hank.org> wrote:

> I connect to a number of services, including AIM, with Pidgin.
> Lately I've been getting a popup with a very sad (and apparently dead)
> happy face that says:
> "Unable to add the buddy 1 for an unknown reason."
> Sometimes it will pop up a single window, but often I get twenty+ windows.
> Any idea what is causing that?
> BTW -- #pidgin on freenode says:
> Cannot joint #pidgin: Registration is required.
> Cannot join channel (+r) - you need to be identified with service
> What do I need to do to be able to join?
> Pidgin 2.6.2 (libpurple 2.6.2) / Ubuntu 9.10
> --
> Bill Moseley
> moseley at hank.org

Bill Moseley