sasl build on windows (using mingw if possible)

Daniel Atallah datallah at
Mon Jun 14 16:28:36 EDT 2010

On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 14:32, nikola radovanovic <nikoladsp at> wrote:
> hi,
> can somebody please, put the instructions on how to build cyrus-sasl
> on windows usnig mingw? i saw that there is a 'binary bundle' for
> 2.1.22 but i dont have a clue how it is build

The current binary was built with hacked build scripts and VS6.

I haven't been able to build it successfully with mingw (it should be
possible by performing quite a bit of Makefile hackery).

The easiest way to build it (I did this more recently) is to use VS10
and the WDK hackery to link against msvcrt