Data from signals

Kevin Macksamie kevin.macksamie at
Fri Jun 11 11:43:06 EDT 2010

I am having trouble getting data from a signal when it is emitted. I am
following the tutorial found here: .

I once I added the purple_signal_register function Pidgin somehow no longer
sees my plugin. I now have a pidgin.RTP file in my APPDATA folder. I am
trying to get Pidgin to see my plugin again without the

How am I suppose to get data (like the account) from a signal without
registering it? Do I just give the data parameter of
purple_signal_connected() a void pointer and try to parse out the data I
need? Is there any better documentation on this?